The Arc of the Quad Cities Area is hosting a Parent Learning Series focused on providing the tools parents of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities need to be the most effective. Attendees will learn how to create and protect the life you wish for your child, sibling, or loved one.
All workshops will be from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. with the option to join via Zoom or in person at The Arc of the Quad Cities, Arc Building at 4016 9th St. Rock Island, IL. Refreshments provided for in-person attendees. All sessions are free to participate.
- Presented by Mary Anne Ehlert, Protected Tomorrows & JJ Hanley, ABLE Director for IL State Treasurer
- Which savings and investment account to choose
- How and when to protect your child’s assets
- Presented by Mary Anne Ehlert & Local Attorney (TBD)
- Discuss options to ensure you can still make decisions for your special needs child.
- Identify what works best for your child
- Presented by Lydia Sharp, Staff Attorney & Telly Papanikolaou, Program Manager for Equip for Equality.
- Prevent abuse through systemic and individual advocacy
- Identify enforcement of fundamental rights
- Protect children and adults living at home, in their own in the community, or in a group setting
- Presented by Mary Anne Ehlert, Protected Tomorrows
- Learn the process of planning your family’s future
- Focus on growth and transition as a family
To register, please fill out the form below or contact Sue Gadient:
email@example.com | (309) 786-6474