JOB TITLE: Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
JOB FUNCTION: Utilizing the Interdisciplinary Team approach, develop implementation strategies which outline services and supports for individuals so they may work towards the outcomes detailed in their Personal Plan. QIDPs coordinate between agency, community, and state goals and regulations.
REPORTS TO: Director of Family Services
- Actively support and further the mission of The Arc of the Quad Cities Area
- Develop strategies for individuals that can be implemented across an interdisciplinary team and monitor the services provided
- Complete all individual/program documentation, progress notes and other reports as required.
- Serve as the main contact person for parents, family and any other interested individuals agencies for each individual on his/her caseload.
- Provide back-up support for assigned CILA home(s) on an as needed basis.
- Attend meetings, training sessions and perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA in Human Services from an accredited college or QIDP qualifications.
- Experience: One year experience working with people with developmental disabilities required.
- Certifications: Direct Service Provider certification or complete training through The Arc.
- Driving: Valid driver’s license in good standing and appropriate auto insurance is required.
- Physical: Ability to stand and sit for 25% or more of scheduled shift. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Ability to kneel, bend at waist and knees, or get into any position that may be required to provide individual related care during emergencies.
- Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft applications and a willingness to learn new computer applications as they may become required for documentation.
- Communication: Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
We care about YOU! To show employees appreciation, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits:
We care about YOU! One way we show our appreciation to our employees if by offering a comprehensive package of benefits:
- Paid orientation and job training
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Excellence Awards
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Industry competitive pay
- Paid time off (PTO) after probationary period
- Medical, vision, dental, life insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), etc.
- Pension fund and 403b
- Tuition reimbursement for select degrees